For over a 150 years, Singer has been a leader in innovations that make sewing simpler and easier for both professionals and homemakers.
This company was the first to manufacture a portable sewing machine, the zigzag machine, and a computer controlled machine, so it only stands to reason that Singer would also make a fine serger.
One of their popular sergers is the Singer 14CG754 Pro Finish 2-3-4 Thread Serger With Machine Intro DVD.
Features Of The Singer 14CG754 Pro Finish 2-3-4 Thread Serger
The key features of the Singer 14CG754 Profinish Serger include:
- 2-3-4 Thread capability for a wider variety of stitches
- Differential feed eliminates stretching and puckering your fabric
- 4 Built-in rolled hems for a more professional use
- Adjustable stitch length and width keeps seams strong and prevents bunching of any types of fabrics
- Color coded threading makes for easier set up
- 110 volt machine
- Makes 1300 stitches per minute
- Auto fabric trimming for a more professional look
What’s Included With The Singer Pro Finish Serger
When you purchase the Singer Pro Finish Serger, you don’t just get the serger and instructional DVD. You also get:
- All purpose serger foot
- Needle Set
- Small screwdriver
The Singer 14CG754 Serger appears to be a very sturdy machine for an incredibly low price, as far as sergers go.
It is appears to be ideal for those looking for an extremely affordable serger that can do the basic stitches, and it is easy to use.
What The Reviews Have To Say
Reviews for the Singer Pro Finish Serger are very good, but not outstanding. In some cases, this may be due to the fact that some customers are comparing this serger to other sergers that sell for the twice the price.
Here are some of the things that customers like and dislike about the Singer Pro Finish Serger:
- Extremely sturdy machine
- Comes with great threading instructions
- Heavy duty machine that is fairly light weight
- Runs smoothly
- Some customers had difficulty adjusting the machine so that they could balance stitches
- A few of the customers found that their machines seized up from time to time
- Spool holder is flimsy
Some customers complain that this serger is difficult to thread, while others state that it is extremely easy.
The contradiction may simply be due to some people’s expectation that sergers are known to be difficult to thread.
The Singer Pro Finish 14CG754 Serger is one of the most affordable machines on the market, and it appears that most customers find that it meets their needs easily.