If you are looking to try growing a new type of vegetable in your garden, then planting some Romanesco broccoli seeds may be the ideal new vegetable to try.
Of course Romanesco broccoli is not new at all, since it has been used in Italy since the 16th century, but it is new to many US gardens and gardeners.
Romanesco grows more like cauliflower, and its unique light green color and spiral appearance makes it a fun vegetable to grow.
This broccoli is especially tasty as well, as it has a creamy nutty flavor that is far less assertive than the normal broccoli we are used to seeing and using.
Here is a look at some of the Romanesco broccoli seed packets you can purchase to try growing your own Romanesco broccoli:
Broccoli Romanesco Heirloom Seeds By Botanical Interests
This company is dedicated to helping new and experienced gardeners have more success with the plants they grow, by providing detailed information about each plant, as well as detailed growing directions on each package.
This company wants to encourage every gardener to begin their own gardening traditions to pass down to future generations.
Their Broccoli Romanesco Seed Packets are just one of the many seed packets this company offers.
Features of this seed packet and the vegetable it produces include:
- Plant the seeds indoors and then transplant outdoors in early spring or fall, as this vegetable doesn’t do well in hot weather
- Plant will grow much like cauliflower and will be lime green in color
- Your Romanesco broccoli will have a nutty and creamy flavor which will remind many people of asparagus
- This seed packet will plant 8 or 9 10 foot rows
Reviews for the Broccoli Romanesco heirloom seed packets by Botanical Interest are quite good, with most people who purchased these seeds packets being pleased with their purpose.
These seeds have about an 85% germination rate which is extremely good, and should result in a lot of heads of broccoli.
30 Seeds: Broccoli Romanesco Seeds By Seed Needs
This packet of 30 Broccoli Romanesco Seeds and the plants it produces has the following features:
- This broccoli can easily be established from seeds
- Start indoors and transplant
- Ready to harvest usually between 75 and 100 days after transplanting
- Grows best in cool northern States
- Needs full sunlight and daily moisture
Customers who have purchased this Broccoli Romanesco Seed Packet from Seeds Needs report that these seeds have a good germination rate.
Not only can the broccoli itself be enjoyed once harvested, but you can also cook the leaves of the plant, much like you would collard greens.
Burpee 69603 Italian Broccoli Romanesco Seed Packet
This company was the first to bring yellow corn seeds to farmers and gardeners, and lead the market in offering seeds for seedless tomatoes and Snackpack watermelon.
Their Italian Broccoli Romanesco Seed Packet is just another one of the fine seed packets offered by this company.
The features of this packet and the vegetable it produces include:
- Grows a broccoli that is extremely pleasant tasting when enjoyed raw as well as lightly steamed
- Ready to harvest within 75-100 days of transplanting
- Light green in color and grows in a spiral
While there are few reviews for the Broccoli Romanesco Seeds By Burpees, many other seed packets by this company gets rave reviews from thousands of customers each year.
Planting those Broccoli Romanesco seeds will add beauty to your vegetable garden and a great tasting vegetable to your dinner table.