For over a hundred years, the Hoover name has been associated with vacuums, and the Hoover brand continues to be a popular choice of vacuum cleaner today.
The Hoover Platinum Cyclonic Canister Vacuum With Power Nozzle Bagless S3865 is just one of the many different models that bear the Hoover brand name today.
Features Of The Hoover Platinum Cyclonic Canister Vacuum With Power Nozzle Bagless S3865
Features of this popular Hoover Canister Vacuum Cleaner include:
- 12 Inch canister vacuum
- Wind tunnel technology with multi filtration system
- Off/On brush/roll switch
- 4 Adjustable levels make it simple to go from carpet to bare floor and back again
- Swivel casters
- Easy empty dirt cup
- On board tools
- Swivel neck power nozzle
- Filter just rinses off
- 7 Foot hose
- 25 Foot retractable cord
- No scuff bumper
- All powered hand tool, crevice tool, telescoping wand, dusting/upholstery brush, hardwood floor tool
- Measures 25 3/5 X 14 X 17”
- Comes with 5 year limited warranty
What This Vacuum Is Best Used For
The Hoover Platinum Bagless Canister Vacuum is designed to be used on both hard floor and carpeting, and it can be used on stairs, furniture, drapes and pet hair.
This is an extremely modern looking vacuum cleaner.
However, it is quite large, and although this vacuum is designed to clean stairs, the weight of this vacuum may make carrying this appliance up and down stairs a bit difficult for some people.
What The Reviews Have To Say
Reviews for this Hoover Canister Vacuum are only average.
While many customers really like this vacuum, an almost equal number of customers found they were disappointed in this canister vac.
Here is a look at the advantages and disadvantages people discovered when using this vacuum cleaner:
Advantages Of The S3865 Canister Vacuum
- Good suction. Most customers agree that this canister vacuum has powerful suction and seems to be capable of picking up just about everything in its path
- Quiet. Many customers were pleased with just how quiet this vacuum cleaner was when it was running
- Great at picking up pet hair
- Adjustable heights for cleaning both carpets and hard floors
- Retractable cord
- Having the on/off switch on the handle
- The ability to clean floor to ceiling
Disadvantages Of The S3865 Canister Vacuum
- The dirty cup creates a real mess when it is being emptied. Many of the customers suggest taking the vacuum outside to empty the dirt cup
- Several customers found that their hoses went bad after only a few weeks or months of use, while other cusomers found that their vacuum quit working completely. While this does seem to be the exception rather than the rule, it occurred often enough to make it worth mentioning
- Quite heavy. Many of the people who purchased this canister vacuum specifically to clean the stairs of their home, found the vacuum too heavy to carry up and down stairs easily
- Expensive. Some customers lowered the vacuum’s ratings simply because they felt that, while it performed well enough to warrant using, the price was far too high for how the vacuum actually performed
In addition to other complaints, some of the customers who purchased this vacuum had never owned a canister vacuum before, and found it to be clunky and difficult to drag around.
This does not appear to be a flaw in this particular vacuum, but rather the difference between a canister vac and an upright one.
People who are not used to canisters vacuums find them more difficult to use until they get used to them.
Overall, people seem to have a love/hate relationship with this Hoover Canister Vacuum.
There are those people who state it is one of the best vacuums they owned, and others who state it is the worst.
Therefore we recommend that you thoroughly read through all the features and reviews for this vacuum when deciding whether or not this is the right vacuum for you.
Enjoyed this review? Share it with others