Stanley Black and Decker began as two separate companies. Stanley was known for their fine quality tools and tool accessories, and Black and Decker was known for it’s power tools, and small kitchen and household appliances.
In 2010, the two companies merged, and today, this company continues the fine reputation each of these companies held separately.
The Black & Decker CHV1510 Dustbuster is just one of this merged company’s products that are proving to be useful and that are gaining a lot of attention in homes.
Features of the Black and Decker Dustbuster
The Black and Decker Dustbuster is especially designed to be used for those quick pick me up jobs, when hauling out that full sized vacuum doesn’t make sense.
It’s great for cleaning up messes after those toddlers and even adults, reaching those corners that the big vacuum can’t reach, and it is handy for vacuuming stairs and the interior of cars.
Here are some of the features that makes this little handheld battery operated vacuum so powerful and efficient:
- It has a rotating slim nozzle that targets dirt in tight places
- The expandable wand offers 50% more reach than previous dustbusters
- Crevice tool and vacuum brush are stored on board (the brush actually is attached and folds up and down for easy use)
- Wide mouth design to pick up larger debris particles
- Cyclonic action spins the dirt away from filter to keep suction power strong
- Needs a 24 hour charge to run the full time
- 3 stage filtration system
- Translucent bagless dirt cup
- Dirt cup and filters are washable
- Filters are considered permanent and are washable, but for those who choose to replace worn filters, this Black and Decker handheld vacuum uses replacement filter VF110
- Can be stored vertically, horizontally or hung on the wall
- Charging indicator light lets you know that your charging connection is working
- Energy Star approved appliance
This dustbuster appears to be the perfect solution for those who like to keep their home neat and tidy, and who like cleaning up all those little bits of dust and dirt immediately when they appear, but hate dragging out a full size vacuum to do those 3 or 5 minute jobs.
Since it operates by battery, you can just grab it and go anywhere you need to clean up that small mess.
What The Reviews Have To Say
This Black & Decker CHV1510 15.6 Volt Cyclonic Action Cordless Dustbuster gets good reviews from various review sites across the internet.
While most customers will agree that this little machine is not perfect, most feel it is far better than anything else being offered, and they are quite pleased with how well this hand held vacuum functions.
Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages customers who use this dustbuster found:
- Very lightweight, making it extremely easy to use. Some parents found that their children would use this vacuum to clean up their own messes
- Powerful suction, especially for a battery operated vacuum
- Holds a charge well, most customers found they got 20 to 30 minutes of use out of a single charge
- Cup easy to empty
- Filters are easy to clean
- Well designed
- Love the flip up brush that never gets lost
Most of the disadvantages that customers found with the dustbuster were more annoyances than distinct disadvantages.
- Charging cord not connected to the vacuum base (holder). The vacuum base simply holds the vacuum neatly in place on the wall or on a shelf. The charging cord then plugs into the vacuum itself. Most customers felt that it would simply be more convenient if the cord plugged into the base where it could be left plugged in, instead of having to plug it in after using the vacuum.
- Collapsible wand collapses during vigorous use. Some customers mentioned that if you push too hard when cleaning with the extended wand, it will collapse back into itself, which can be frustrating if you are an exuberant cleaner!
Overall, the Stanley Black & Decker CHV1510 Dustbuster appears to be an extremely useful and functional appliance for quickly cleaning up those little messes around the house, from spilled cereal to stray kitty litter, and more.
Enjoyed this review? Share it with others